Eco-friendly Waste Management
1st Choice Waste Management provides a solution to your business waste disposal which is unmatched. We are able to tailor our service to meet your unique business needs. Our waste management is the eco-friendly alternative to landfill. You may not be aware that the United Kingdom has some of the worst levels of recycling in Western Europe. Meeting your environmental responsibilities – be it at a domestic or business level – is more pressing than ever. Landfills are full, and oceans are choking. One of our goals is to change that for the better before it is too late. So if you agree that it is time to take steps in making your business that little bit greener, enquire about our waste management services today. Our experts are on hand to offer you all the information and advice you need on 01642 478 734.
Waste Disposal For Businesses
1st Choice Waste Management has been offering waste management services for many years and our team are highly qualified to provide you with a variety of waste management services. We offer a variety of waste disposal options so that we are able to provide a unique service for your business requirements. With a tailored waste management solution, you can also ensure that you are paying a fair amount for the waste that is being processed. This is a great way to change the way in which your business treats its waste as well as ensuring that you are able to reduce the amount of waste that your business currently sends to landfill. Commercial recycling is at the forefront of our operations and this is reflected in the service that we provide when working with you in managing your waste. Our team ensure that as much waste as possible is recycled by personally sorting the waste that is processed for recycling.
Apart from the fact that landfill sites are an eyesore in many areas, there are health and pollution risks associated with landfill sites. They produce greenhouse gasses which are damaging the planet as well as other by-products. Reducing the amount of waste that is sent to landfill is highly important, especially as we move towards a greener future. This is why we also utilise our state of the art biomass boiler to ensure that as much waste as possible is reduced from being sent to landfill sites after processing. This reduces our carbon footprint and returns clean electricity back to the “grid”. Once rubbish is collected, wood and waste are dried in order to produce a material or biofuel that is suitable for burning within the boiler. When this newly produced biofuel is burned, C02 is released into the atmosphere. Biomass energy is carbon neutral electricity generated by burning the material. As well as creating Biomass fuel, 1st Choice Waste can create clean and re-usable wood chippings from waste wood, fallen trees and forest debris.
Our facilities include equipment able to process all the waste you need us to, including a weighbridge to ensure an accurate measurement of the volume of your waste. Using a weighbridge facility ensures that there are no hidden costs associated with your waste. The accurate measurement of your waste ensures that all of your requirements are met at fair prices. This is a very effective and efficient way to deal with your waste, without the hassle of not knowing how much the disposal of waste is going to cost to your business. Should you become a client with us, you can access our online site waste management system 24/7. This allows you to view reports, copy invoices and more. Reports can be brief or highly retailed, tailored to your requirements. Whether you’re looking to dispose of general waste, confidential waste, hazardous waste or anything else, you’ll find we live up to our name.
Waste Management FAQs
After learning about our services, many business owners ask some common questions which include:
- How does recycling affect my business?
- Why should my business recycle?
- What are some waste management tips?
- How can my business produce less waste?
- What can my business do to help the environment?
- How can I make my business greener/eco-friendly?
Operating a green business is instrumental in creating and leading positive change. Notwithstanding the hugely positive impact on the environment, being green is also good for your profitability. Adhering to the 3 Rs of Waste Hierarchy (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle), and conserving resources can actually save your business money in the long-run. Recycling and composting are two of the best methods of waste management, as they allow waste to be reused for a different, effective purpose. Whether you use a domestic recycling service provided by your council or you take your recyclable waste to a public recycling centre, most domestic waste can be recycled, from paper, glass and plastic to waste food. Reducing the materials ordered and used in your business will save you money in purchasing as well as disposal costs.
If you are concerned about the amount of waste your business is producing, here are some practical ways to help your business reduce its waste:
- Know what your waste is – you can establish the types and quantities of waste your business produces by doing something very simple – look in the garbage bin. A quick look will show you how full the bins are and what your business discards. Our weighbridge ensures that you are never paying more for your waste disposal than necessary.
- Separate the different types of waste – it is important that you know what items of rubbish you can recycle or reuse. You also need to have separate bins for waste going to landfill and for recycling.
- Introduce a waste reduction program – this is a great way to build cooperation and communication among your staff on reducing waste. Appoint a waste management coordinator who can identify local recyclers and establish a program that reflects your business’s needs.
- Review your products – this is where many businesses can make big savings. Does the cost of disposing of materials outweigh the cost of producing or buying them? Could your business use fewer materials in packaging or reuse or recycle them?
- Buy green goods – talk to your supplier about using environmentally friendly products or materials. Buying recyclable or eco-friendly products are often the same price but better for the environment and easier to dispose of.
1st Choice Waste Management
For any more information on our eco-friendly waste management solution, please contact us on 01642 478 734. Our friendly staff will be happy to provide all the help and advice you need.
Ben works for the marketing team at 1st Choice Waste Management, he has a passion for marketing and helping businesses to grow.